British entrepreneurs Robert and Thomas Elvorti founded in 1874 in Yelisavetgrad (now Kropyvnytskyi) a factory on manufacturing drills for sale. In 1882 drill factory “Elvorti” received its first prize at the international exhibition – a silver medal. In 1908, the plant became one of the largest in the field of agricultural machinery in Dnieper Ukraine in the early 20th century. There is a museum located near the factory “Elvorti” where artifacts that reflect the history of the plant since its inception are collected.
- CategoryHistoric buildings