Maruschak’s mansion

  • 1200px-lisavetgrad_dvortsova_15.jpg
  • 11_big
  • 57_big
  • big-8_byvshyj_osobnyak

Description

Description

The house was built by architect Alexander Lyshnevskoho in eclectic style. Originally the first floor of the building was used for commercial premises, the second – for residential. This practice was introduced by the city Mayor Oleksandr Pashutin. The interiors of the mansion are beautifully decorated with stucco. In 1907-1908 the house becomes the property of Maruschak brothers – Joseph and Vasyl. The second floor was used as a hotel, and the first – as a central dairy shop. Since 1913 the house is known as “Hotel Kovalenko.” In 1920 the building became an open public city library. A little later it became a regional universal scientific library named after Krupska, and since 1984 a regional youth library is located

Contact

Contact
  • Category
    Historic buildings

Location

Maruschak’s mansion
Get directions

Contact

Maruschak’s mansion